这些动词均有“着色、染”之意。

colour : 普通用词,含义笼统。可指人工的着色,也可指天然的着色。

  • Do you think he colours his hair?
    你觉得他染发了吗?
  • He drew a heart and coloured it red.
    他画了一颗心并把它涂成红色。
  • Fry the onions till they start to colour.
    将洋葱煎至变色。

dye : 多指使用染料改变物体的颜色,如染织品或头发等。

  • For a change, why not dye your T-shirts?
    为什么不变一变,把T恤染成别的颜色?
  • He dyed his hair black.
    他把头发染成了黑色。

paint : 指为装饰等目的而把油漆或涂料等物涂于物体表面。

  • We’ve painted the bedroom blue.
    我们把卧室漆成了蓝色。
  • I’ve been painting all morning.
    我整个早上都在刷油漆。
  • I’ll need to paint over (= cover with another layer of paint) these dirty marks on the wall.
    我得用油漆遮盖一下墙上这些污迹。

stain : 多指用化学或其它方法使物体着色。

  • She stripped the floorboards and stained them dark brown.
    她刮掉原来的漆,把地板刷成了深棕色。
  • to stain wood
    给木料上色
  • Stain the specimen before looking at it under the microscope.
    先把标本染色,再放到显微镜下观察。
  • 微信或QQ扫一扫
#