这些动词均含有“敢于冒险”之意。

venture : 指冒风险试一试,或指有礼貌的反抗或反对。

  • She rarely ventured outside, except when she went to stock up on groceries.
    她极少冒险外出,除非要去采购杂货。
  • As we set off into the forest, we felt as though we were venturing (forth) into the unknown.
    当我们动身进入那片森林时,感觉自己似乎正在冒险进入一个未知的世界。
  • She tentatively ventured the opinion that the project would be too expensive to complete, but the boss ignored her.
    她有些犹豫但还是斗胆进言,认为完成那个项目花费太高,但老板不予理睬。

chance : 指碰运气、冒风险试试。

  • You’d be a fool to chance your life savings on a single investment.
    你要是把一辈子的积蓄都放到一项投资上就是个傻瓜。

dare可与venture换用,但语气较强,着重挑战或违抗。

  • She said it as loudly as she dared.
    她壮着胆子大声说了出来。
  • He didn’t dare (to) say what he thought.
    他不敢说出他的想法。
  • They daren’t ask for any more money.
    他们不敢再要钱了。
  • (literary) She dared not breathe a word of it to anybody.
    她对任何人都只字不敢提及此事。
  • There was something, dare I say it , a little unusual about him.
    要我说呀,他这人有那么一点怪。
  • Wear the low-cut blouse with your pink shorts – go on, I dare you!
    穿上那件低胸衬衫,再配上粉色短裤——就照这样打扮,你有胆量就穿上试试!
  • I dare you to ask him to dance.
    我谅你也不敢请他跳舞。

hazard : 主要指冒险作出某个选择,隐含碰运气意味。

  • I wouldn’t like to hazard a guess.
    我不想冒险猜测。
  • Would you like to hazard a guess ?
    你想猜猜看吗?
  • ‘Is it Tom you’re going with?’ she hazarded.
    “你是要和汤姆一起去吗?”她冒失地问。

risk : 指不顾个人安危去干某事,侧重主动承担风险。

  • “It’s dangerous to cross here.” “I’ll just have to risk it.”
    “从这儿穿行很危险。”“我不得不冒这个险。”
  • He risked losing his house when his company went bankrupt.
    他的公司破产时,他差点连自己家的房子都保不住了。
  • 微信或QQ扫一扫
#